Thursday, June 25, 2015

Trailers

In a previous post I mentioned that I was going to try my hand at writing some books.  I've been working at that lately and I have a couple of early sneak previews.  There isn't a lot there yet, but you can consider them something like a trailer for a movie.

There are two books: one on electronics and one on embedded systems.  The one on electronics is better thought out and more coherent.  Here are the reasons for posting them as they stand.

1.  You get a sneak preview of what is coming and you may even find something useful.
2.  It gives me a way to track my progress.
3.  You can provide feedback and help guide the development.
4.  Helps keep people interested while they wait for the complete books.

Here is what I ask of you.  If you are interested, take a look at what is there.  Provide feedback to me on what you like or don't like.  If you think it is crap, tell me that.  If you see things that could be improved, let me know that.  Keep in mind I'm not asking for proofreading -- there is a lot of editing yet to be done.  What I am really interested in is how you like the overall feel of the books.  Do they seem like they will be helpful?  Do they explain things well?  Too much hot air?

The books are located in the "projects" section of my web site, here:
projects
The files are in PDF format.  I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

1 comment:

  1. Just read through your teasers and I have to say it left me wanting more. I think they are written in a way that makes for easy reading and comprehension. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete